Skip to main content

On Love's Playlist


Last week iTunes radio featured a "First Play" from one of my favorite artists, Tamia.  While I loved all of the new tracks, one in particular, "Day One" really caught my attention.  The melody is smooth and definitely classic Tamia, but that's not what grabbed me.  I was captivated by the lyrics of this particular song because it seemed to be the perfect anthem for marriage.  In case you haven't heard it, here's a few lines of the chorus:

If I could do it all again I would 
Give me the bad days along with the good
My heart is even more in love
Then it was on day one...
Funny how it all falls into place
We grew even closer with every mistake
Its crazy how we’re still in love
The way we were on day one...


Beautiful, right?  The thing is anyone whose been married any length of time, and especially those of us with a lot of mileage on the road know that it is not easy.  For me, being married ranks right up there with parenting; these are two of the hardest, yet rewarding, jobs a person can ever have!  What I love about these lyrics is the truth contained within the lines.  No doubt there will be bad days when it comes to love, but there will also be so many, many good days.  

Three kids and 16 years filled with triumphs and mistakes along the way have a way of binding hearts to one another. Whether I've played the Florida to his James, the Ruby Dee to his Ossie, or the Claire to his Cliff, I proudly sport my "Ride or Die Chick" t-shirt.  Why? Because I believe in us; I believe in love.  This post is just to celebrate what matters most...to love and to be loved. Unconditionally.

Peace & Blessings

Comments