Skip to main content

We Woke Up Like This?









Ok, so this post is not an homage to Beyonce or my claim to wake up each and every day looking "funky fresh dressed to impress ready to party."  However, it is the perfect caption to the craziness that happens in the mornings at my house.  Notice I said my house and not yours.  I'm sure you have stress-free and blissful mornings in your crib, but in my family of five, our mornings are anything but.  So, first of all let me just say that I love my family to the moon and back (even the teenager ;-).   **I had to throw in the personal shout-out to my teen since he claims I "offended" him in last week's post.  And to that I say "sorry, but Momma keeps it real, son!"

Anyway, I digress.  Am the only one who wakes from a restful night of sleep only to immediately don your referee shirt and start spewing out phrases like "no, you're not wearing that...it's 40 degrees outside," "stop arguing," "get out of the bed," and such?  It's absolute chaos!  I mean granted if I didn't wait until the last minute to get out of bed things could probably go a tad bit smoother, but still. You know commercials where the family wakes up, fully dressed, sun shining, a full IHOP-style breakfast prepared and everyone looks elated to begin another day at work and school?  Who writes those commercials?  Who do they consult?  Most mornings I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off!  My kids aren't enthusiastic about getting up....except if it's a Saturday and then by some miracle they can wake up at the crack of dawn with no extra prodding from me or the hubby.  Go figure!  In reality, our mornings are anything but peaceful.  There's some yelling, some rolling of the eyes (of course these are mine because the kids better not even think of letting me or their father see one flicker of their eyelashes), some tears and just overall grumpiness.  Somehow, though, we seem to pull it together and get out the house on time for all that we need to do.  I'm sure one day I'll miss the noise of my home and long for the hustle and bustle, but for now I stand in the middle of what looks like pandemonium and all I can think is....yeah, this is my family and yeah, we woke up like this!


Comments